Objectives: Working with a team of software developers, business analysts, test analysts and off-shore teams to oversee the manual testing of new releases with enhanced functionality for our product.
Description of the role
- Review testing requirements based on the software design documents and functional requirements.
- Responsible for the test processes, testing approach and status reporting across development teams as part of the quality control of software product releases.
- Provide line management for matrix managed testing team professionals deployed within cross disciplinary software development teams.f
- Responsible for producing and implementing the software test strategy
- Ensuring content and structure of all testing artefacts is maintained
- Monitoring and reporting test progress across development teams.
- Liaising with project teams regarding the product development test status.
- Identify testing training requirements and manage the development of appropriate professional testing skills across teams of software testing professionals.
- Ability to identify, report and control quality risks as part of the release testing processes.
Requirements of the role
- Ability to review and contribute to test plans produced by test leads across development teams.
- Proven track record of writing, reviewing and running test plans and test strategies within a software environment.
- Experience of working within teams using agile development methodologies.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate work with offshore team
- Testing skills > 10 years.
- Test Manager experience > 3 years
- ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level Test Manager (CTAL – TM).
- Well-developed analytical capabilities.
- Ability to communicate very effectively (written and verbal).
- Conceptual knowledge and awareness of automated testing frameworks would be advantageous.
- Experience using issue management systems, such as JIRA.
- Experiences using Adaptavist Test Management or similar
- Experience in testing web applications and knowledge of XML messages and structures and HTML.
- Experience using SQL to interrogate databases.