Our client is a leader in Asset / Auto Finance Software Solutions and Banking Platforms. They are recruiting for a Business Consultant to join their asset finance professional services team. As a Business Consultant, you will work with their portfolio of asset finance and asset portfolio management software. Their products deliver solutions for improving loan and lease management, as a business they have over 25 years experience.
At present their platform is deployed on over 300 customer sites on 4 continents. Their software helps manage front-to-back lending, leasing, real estate asset, and fleet management portfolios.
As a consultant within the Asset Management Professional Services Team, you will be responsible for providing business and software consultancy service to our clients across the UK.
This role requires a candidate with initiative, a commitment to hard work and the ability to work individually and as part of a team. You will have a willingness at times to work under pressure in a challenging environment.
This position will be based in London with potentially regular UK travel, report directly to the Professional Services Lead.
The successful candidate will engage with the client’s business team to provide onsite/remote consultancy to deliver product solutions.
The candidate must have a deep knowledge of Asset/Automotive Finance and demonstrate the ability to learn our client’s solution to gather business requirements and advise how best to configure to meet the business requirements. This business knowledge will also be instrumental in delivering solutions by advising/guiding the internal teams (Developers/Testers) in the delivery process.
The candidate will have following responsibilities:
- Perform business analysis to gather client’s requirements
- Work with client teams on data discovery to define and document requirements around rules, system workflows etc.
- Define solutions to meet client’s requirements leveraging business (& product knowledge)
- Build functional specifications for standard / customised solutions
- Onsite/Remote operational assistance during implementation/upgrade projects
- Define & execute Test Plans and ensure solution is delivered to the required quality standard
- Provide assistance to client during UAT and help resolve solution-related issues
- Provide continual feedback to the project manager promptly highlighting any potential issues to allow a pro-active solution to be offered
- Development of procedures in order to create application controls
- General application support as and when required.
- Excellent understanding of Financial Services (including front/middle/back office operations)
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Initiative and ability to multi-task under tight deadlines
- Flexibility to quickly adapt to changing environments
- Work successfully as a team member and take full ownership of assigned projects
- Results oriented with a high sense of urgency to meet client requirements
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisational project and time management skills
- Fluency with English (written and verbal)
- Willingness to deliver to tight timeframes
- Experience within Consulting and/or working on software application implementations preferably in Financial Services industry with sound understanding of a typical project lifecycle
- Financial Accounting or Audit Experience, preferably with financial services firms
- Basics of accounting practice and understanding of double accounting will be a plus
- Prior experience with business process management, enterprise reporting and data warehouse solutions
- Familiarity with current technologies, proprietary and open source, in use within the market
- Knowledge of SQL Language and Scripts, basic Java, SVN, Microsoft/Linux, JIRA
- Second European language is an advantage