Sales Manager / Leader / Business Unit Director / Sales & Marketing Director – European Region
This role is responsible for managing our clients sales organisation and generating
revenue for the product line in the European Region. The product line includes all of our clients intelligent lighting fixtures and management platform. The Sales Manager reports to the Director of International Sales.
This role includes : (i) forecasting business & market needs; (ii) achieving monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets; (iii) formulating & implementing sales tactics, sales process and sales reporting/analytics to improve performance and measure ongoing productivity of the sales team; (iv) providing feedback to the organisation based on customer and market response to the products and competitive intelligence, and (v) ensuring customer satisfaction.
This position will drive sales based on the Company’s sales methodology including account penetration, partner recruitment, training and support, prospect qualification, sales process planning, negotiation, and closing all sales opportunities.
Candidates must have a demonstrated track record of success including: (a) sales management experience, including selling a sophisticated technology-based product line; (b) forecasting and reporting requirements; (c) proven experience managing a partner network; and (d) exceeding multi-million dollar revenue targets.
The ideal candidate will possess a dynamic, high-energy interpersonal style with a strong sales and revenue generation focus.
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Meeting and exceeding revenue growth targets in the region
- Accurately forecasting and achieving sales targets
- Effectively managing resources to close sales opportunities
- Understanding industry trends, product capabilities and customer requirements
- Establishing executive level, long term customer relationships for the long term growth of the company
- Ensuring customer satisfaction
- Develop a close working relationship with the direct and reseller sales people who need in-depth technical expertise\
- Develop timely and accurate lighting layout and ROI models based on given customer project requirements.
- Responsible for development and delivery of product demonstrations
- Responsible for representing the product to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Approximately 50%+ travel
Required Experience & Competencies
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Business or a technical discipline. Graduate degree preferred.
- 2 or more years in Enterprise, technology, or IT sales; Knowledge of the warehousing and manufacturing lighting market helpful.
- Experience building and managing a value-added reseller network is required
- Outstanding leadership with a demonstrated competency of managing technology sales through times of growth, change and ambiguity.
- Proven solution sales experience in (i) identifying market size and focus; (ii) developing sales pipelines; (iii) penetrating new accounts; and (iv) driving the sales process within a relationship-driven reseller-assisted selling environment.
- Demonstrated experience using sales analytics and funnel management techniques to drive productivity, as well as ensure appropriate sales activity with visibility of the pipeline to senior management for forecasting and business planning.
- Experience working closely with Marketing on programs to support the sales organisation, including lead-generation programs.
- Experience managing sales for sophisticated technology product lines.
- Furthermore, requires ability to multi-task numerous sales projects simultaneously, while ensuring revenue targets are met.
- Proven ability to navigate and sell to large, complex organisations.
- Demonstrated management guidance and initiative, implementing business plans and territory plans within the region; at the same time, closely involved in the overall business, customer relationships and the details of sales transactions.
- Proven Track Record in over-achieving quarterly and annual sales targets. Experience consistently exceeding multi-million dollar quotas, with demonstrated success in accurately forecasting quarterly and annual targets, and achieving sales commitments.
- Experience in successfully managing the sales cycle from business champion to the executive level. Positioning the value proposition and selling to the “C”- suite is a must.
- Solid knowledge of and experience in formal sales training (i.e. Solution-Selling,
- Customer-centric Selling, Strategic Selling and/or Value Selling).
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience implementing and utilising sales automation tools such as Salesforce.com.
- Solid understanding of relevant technology and platforms.